This ACPE Board-level committee began its work in 2018, with a charge to:
- Identify and establish research priorities for ACPE sponsorship and engagement with a horizon of at least three years.
- Facilitate and collaborate with research focused on the education of CPE supervisors, providers of spiritual care, and spiritual health educators.
- Identify and collaborate with formal and informal leaders in research areas of direct interest to ACPE including but not limited to the Joint Research Council and the Transforming Chaplaincy initiatives.
- Work with FCPE grant processes and ACPE budget processes to fund research that advances the mission of ACPE; establish and maintain processes to evaluate, approve, and monitor progress of FCPE and ACPE funded research.
- Translate research into practice by making recommendations to update the Outcomes based on relevant research.